Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire is an experienced and successful civil rights attorney. He is a seasoned trial lawyer with great experience before juries and judges. Brian understands civil right case including: Taser, Wrongful Death, Excessive Force, Police Brutality, Police Misconduct, Malicious Prosecution, Monell Claims, Sexual Assault, Prisoner’s Right’s, Time Credit, Medical Malpractice, and Medical Indifference.
Mr. Zeiger is a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, and a graduate of Temple Law School. He is sworn in to every state and federal court in Pennsylvania. He has tried many jury trials in state and federal court and argued before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Zeiger is also a published author in civil rights. In 2013 he was published in the University of Texas Law School’s, Texas Journal on Civil Liberties & Civil Rights . The article is entitled “A Change to Relation Back.” The article discusses knowing the names and identities of the police officer defendants when no arrest was made and how your lawyer obtains that name from the lawyers for the government. This is an important topic in understanding how to properly frame a lawsuit against the police. Often a client comes in right before the statute of limitations tolls without the names of the officer to sue. Understanding the principles of relating back the claim to avoid a statute problem is essential to filing that type of short time limit lawsuit.
People facing criminal allegations may be subject to significant fines, probation, community service, and significant restrictions of their freedoms. As a result, it is important to retain the services of an attorney who has experience and understands the stakes in criminal cases. Mr. Zeiger has the skill required to help bring your case to the best resolution possible.
In addition, Mr. Zeiger understands the rights of victims. Whether folks are victims of sex crimes, or victims of any type of crime, Mr. Zeiger looks for a recovery where other lawyers do not. Brian leverages his insight of criminal law and civil rights litigation against victims rights to understand how to make a recovery for his clients.
Mr. Zeiger is passionate about jury trials and his true home is in the courtroom. Often times when prospective clients ask Mr. Zeiger why they should hire him, the answer is that sometimes clients need a fighter. Mr. Zeiger routinely tries cases in front of jury which distinguishes him from his peers.
- J.D - Temple University School of Law - 2000
- M.B.A. - Temple University - 2000
- BA (Accounting & Finance) - Washington University of St. Louis - 1997
- Pennsylvania Bar, 2001
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- All Pennsylvania State Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- The Zeiger Firm (Partner) 2006 - Present
- KPMG (Attorney) 2000 - 2002
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Member)
- Philadelphia Inn of Court, Master (Member)
- Montgomery County Bar Association (Member)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDL) (Member)
- National Lawyers Guild (Member)
- National Police Accountability Project (Member)
- American Society of Legal Advocates (Member)
- Federal Bar Association (Member)
- The Federalist Society (Member)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (Member)
- Super Lawyer, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Criminal Defense
- AVVO 10.0 Rating, Criminal Defense & Criminal Appeals
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Institute of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Client Satisfaction Award
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top 1% – Criminal Defense
- Global Directory of Who’s Who – Top Lawyer
- Business Editor, Environmental Law and Technology Journal, Temple University School of Law
- Drug and Narcotics Attorney (Mandatory Drug Crimes in Pennsylvania) 2015
- Texas Journal on Civil Liberties and Civil Rights (A Change to Relation Back) 2013
- Criminal Law Blog (Is a Summary Offense a Crime) 2009
The Zeiger Firm
1500 John F Kennedy Blvd #620a
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 546-0340